Sunday 25 January 2015

Social Media Is Not The Devil

Hi there...

     This year I've decided... (been persuaded ;)... to get more active with my social media, and as I've said, I got Facebook totally cased, I am a posting machine if I do say so myself.  And Pinterest.  Oh my god that shit is like crack.  It's the Twitter, Instagram, and Google Chrome stuff that needs more of my attention. So in my efforts, a few...and OrdinaryGirl will laugh here...weeks ago I Tweeted a question.  "Why is bra singular and panties plural?"  BAM! I ended up with like 10 new followers.  Now I was actually born before the internet, but I am not neccesarily new to technology and in my...dare I say it....old fashioned perspective on social media, Ive come to a couple conclusions.

     On Pinterest, you pin.  On Facebook you post.  Though if you're posting on Twitter, you aren't, you're tweeting and the post is a tweet, but it doesn't make you a twit.  And if you post on Tumblr, it's still a post and not a tumble, but it doesn't make you a tumbler. 

     I find it a litte odd how the younger generation so easily embraces social media and literally documents their lives on the internet.  Though I'm sure the generation before us thought it was odd that we so easily embraced the VHS system when they were just getting a handle on the whole beta thing.

     Though I must say I simply love the fact that I can pay my bills in my jammies on the couch with just the touch of a few buttons, get unlost in seconds, order a pizza without talking to anyone and if I'm so inclined I can learn the most obsccure and bizarre facts known to woman.

     I am being dragged-albeit not kicking and screaming-into this wondrous world of social media and given that I plan on grabbing life by the biscuits this year, having a way to share, nay, document my adventures will come in handy when I'm in my nineties staring in the mirror wondering where the hell all these tattoos came from...

That Is All...now go socialize with your media savvy selves.

No comments:

Post a Comment